Monday, March 31, 2008

VADA PAV

There are many differences between fast food in the U.S. and fast food from in my country. There are spicy and more oil based or fried food fast food in my country. Here I could not find spicy, salty and more fried fast food. There are many types of fast food in India. I am from the west part of India and there is more oil based and spicy fast food. We have many types of fast food in my city like dal vada, vada pav, batata vada, pani puri, dabeli, spicy sandwiches of different kind, bhel puri and many more. All are spicy and delicious, but my favorite is Vada pav. I always love it when I am hungry. It looks like a burger but does not taste like one. Vada pav is made of two Vada and Pav. Pav is just like a burger’s bread. Vada is made with Bengal gram flour, potatoes, green chili, garlic paste and ginger paste. Vada will go in between pav and is served with green chili paste and tomato ketchup. It is famous in my city as well as in all the western part of India. You can get it very easily in my city because in every street you can find a Vada pav shop. Oh! My mouth is watering!

No comments: